Monday, September 17, 2007

The problem with late night knitting!

I have a 2 year old son, which means that my knitting time is limited to evenings once he is in bed. Which is fine, except that when I am tired, I am not fully concentrating. I finished the Baby Sweater a week ago, but as soon as I was done I realised I had made a boo-boo. The project doesn't have any seams, so the sleeves are knit as a rectangle, then stitches are picked up and bound off using the 3-needle bind-off method. Due to my being tired and obviously not at all with it, I bound the sleeves off differently (One WS facing, the other RS facing)! So now I need to unpick one sleeve and redo the bind off. Shouldn't take too long, but haven't had the inclination to do it yet!

In the meantime I moved on to the booties. I designed some to match the jacket, and am quite pleased (one done, one to go). Will post pics of the finished objects soon. I am also going to do a matching hat. The whole project has been a fun knit, would definitely do it again.

Have been pretty busy this week with the impending move (10 days and counting!), and on top of that "little guy" and myself have been unwell. So I am still busy on the heel of sock 1 of my Summer of Lace socks. Think it will be like this for the next few weeks, but I am trying to snatch any knitting time I can get!

No comments: